Ekurhuleni District Commissioner, Major General Anna Sithole has continued to commend SAPS members and other law enforcement agencies in the battle against Crime.
This comes after more than two hundred and fifty (250) suspects were arrested for various crimes during suspects tracing operations Okae Molao which started on Wednesday, 07 September 2022 in the evening until Thursday, 08 September 2022 in the morning.
Major Operations continued in Kwa-Thema and Rabie Ridge on Thursday morning under her leadership whereby:
- ninety five (95) traffic fines to the value of R43080,00 were issued to the motorists
- five (5) suspects for dealing in Drugs
- twenty two (22) for being undocumented
- four (4) for possession of substance suspected to be Drugs
- three (3) for possession of suspected stolen property
- one (1) for shoplifting
- Three (3) vehicles taken for inquiry for chasis tampered with and a
- total of six (6) illegal Shebeens were closed.
The District Commissioner further appreciated the public for the information they are providing to the Police which always resulted in success