EPWP JOZI IHLOMILE EDUCATORS (ONLINE APPLICATION)
SHORT TERM CONTRACT POSITIONS: (Not exceeding 3 months)
Branch: Public Health
Designation: EPWP Jozi Ihlomile Educators
Remuneration: R3 500 pm (stipend)
Location: Region A: Ward 80 (Rabie Ridge and Kanana) and Ward 111 (Ebony Park)
- Complete the online job application form and attach all relevant and updated documents (Certified Qualification/s/Certificates, ID, and CV)
- Applicants should take note that they can be required to provide proof of original documents during the selection process.
- You will be requested to provide a brief description of your work experience relating to the vacancy
- Grade 12
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB), Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STI), substance abuse, stigma and other health, social matters such as gender-based violence, City processes, best practices, policies and procedures on Health and Social issues;
- Numeric and good writing and verbal communication skills;
- Different uses of electronic devices such as texting messages, sending emails, using the internet;
- Youth between the ages of 18 to 35 years;
- Persons residing in the wards listed above may apply for these positions; and
- Affidavit that the applicant has no criminal record.
To educate members of the community during Door-to-Door education and campaigns in priority wards, about HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB), Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STI), substance abuse, sigma and other health, social matters and to refer those in need to relevant local services for poverty relief, social support and health care according to their needs.
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB), Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STI), education at household and individual level through door-to-door visits;
- Report and record all activities on the reporting stationary provided and timeous submissions of reports.
- Time management;
- Organizational skills;
- Ability to take initiative where necessary to achieve necessary outcomes;
- Emotional intelligence;
- Sound judgement;
- Work independently and under pressure.
- Good Communication skills;
- Integrity & Professionalism;
- Customer and Service Delivery Management (Batho Pele) Ethics, HR Values and CoJ Values;
- Impact and Influence
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will be considered. The City of Johannesburg applies the principles of employment equity as per National legislation and policy guidelines and will consider designated groups in line with these requirements. Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged groups including those with disabilities. Appointments will be made in accordance with the approved Employment Equity Plan to promote its equitable representation in terms of race, gender and disability.”
APPLY HERE: ONLINE JOB APPLICATION