In the early hours of this morning, Tuesday 12 December 2023, a house at Ebony Park Ext 4 Poppy Crescent burned down.

The community hasn’t had electricity for more than five (5) months due to a failed transformer.

This particular household uses a candle light to light up the house. They forgot to blow off the candle and around 2 am screams and shouts could be heard coming from the house.

The community thought they were fighting. Only to see smoke coming out of their house. The community helped by breaking windows for the family to escape the raging fire.

The Ivory Park Fire Station was called and they came after an hour leaving the house gutted down and valuables destroyed and burned to ashes.

Fortunately no one was injured or killed by the fire.

About Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *