Position: Emergency Care Practitioner (ECP) ?
?Location: Gauteng ( must be flexible to also work at other base branches)
?Start Date: As soon as possible
?Salary: R420K per annum
Subject Line : Emergency Care Practitioner (ECP) Post
Contact person Boitumelo Maake
☎️Contact number: 011 020 8550
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
? Assist in developing and monitoring Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for our unique emergency operational environment.
? Driving (Responding) and staffing ambulances and other emergency vehicles.
? Assessing patients, providing emergency treatment and making diagnoses within scope of practice.
?Transporting patients to a hospital and continuing to provide treatment while in transit.
? Conducts medical training for all personnel (Permanent, Volunteer or Contractual).
?Responsible for protection of company resources, medical supplies, and equipment.
? Monitors medical issues and trending emergencies in the surrounding areas to ensure personnel is apprised of current medical threats and aware of preventative measures and risks.
? Keeps management informed of any health or operational related issues.
?Manages daily activities of BAA and AEA staff members to ensure effective efficiencies in compliance with contractual and legal requirements.
?Reviews Electronic Medical Reporting forms or Paper Medical Reporting Forms at for proper documentation.
?Provides feedback to the assigned BAA and AEA medics on the improvement of their skills and understanding of the SOP’s.
?Ensures that all Patient Report Forms (PRFs) are completed correctly and up to standard.
OTHER or ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
?Submits reports to the CEO as directed.
? Effectively communicates and makes prompt and accurate decisions to help achieve company’s goals.
?Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external customers.
?Facilitates the collection of all reports, medical records, and other forms and perform initial quality assurance review.
?Responsible for administering disciplinary actions in accordance with senior management.
?Provides training to subordinates.
?Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS, and SKILLS
• Good communication skills are a must.
• Must have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in the medical field as an ECP
• Successful completion of the B-Tech Degree that allows registration with the HPCSA as an Emergency Care Practitioner (ECP)
• Valid code C1 driver’s licence with professional driver’s permit
• Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence.
• Comprehensive understanding of emergency medicine.
• Knowledgeable in emergency rescue and stabilization.
• Must have extensive personnel management skills.
• Have an in-depth knowledge of life-saving Medical procedures.
• Be knowledgeable of Intermediate / Pre-Hospital Trauma Care, to include immediate assessment and treatment of any traumatic life-threatening injury, IV therapy, and ECG monitoring.
• Have knowledge of general sick call procedures.
• Inventory management skills are required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
• Place of duty and environmental conditions can be austere, harsh, and work can be performed under life-threatening condition
Please only apply if you qualify.
*Do Not Apply through Facebook App, refer to the email on the post.