Local police officers, augmented by their colleagues from the Ekurhuleni District, the JMPD and EMPD, were out in full force within the Ivory Park policing precinct as part of the ongoing O Kae Molao operation on Thursday, 9 December 2021.
A total of 21 suspect were arrested for committing various offences.
- 1 (one) suspect was arrested for the theft of a motor vehicle
- 3 (three) for dealing in drugs
- 2 (two) for dealing in dagga
- 4 (four) for being in the country illegally
- 1 (one) for assault GBH
- 10 (ten) for dealing in liquor without having the necessary papers.
“It must be borne in mind that a large chunk of contact crimes in Ivory Park emanates from alcohol abuse, and the management believes that by dealing decisively with these people they will have an impact on the levels of disorderly in the area.” said Captain Ben Matimulane, the spokesperson of the Ivory Park SAPS.
Furthermore a total of fines to the tune of R16,175.00 worth of traffic fines and R15, 000.00 for J534s were issued
Nearly 700 motor vehicles and 33 buildings were searched and the overall police visibility in the areas considered hot spots was ramped up.